- Select ‘student’ in the first field
- Select your organisation from the drop-down list. [If your organisation is not listed, we may not be able to assist. Please ask your organisation to e-mail email@example.com before proceeding]
- Please use your real name. We will not approve access unless we can verify your association with the organisation that you work or volunteer for
- Await approval
- Assuming you met our eligibility criteria (see below), we will approve access as soon as possible.
- We will notify you by e-mail when you have been approved.
You must be:
- A member of staff or a volunteer working for a non-governmental organisation (see below). [Please note that currently we are not taking on new organisations, so if we have not already begun working with your organisation we may not be able to assist.]
- Working towards a role that will involve giving immigration advice
- Intending to apply for registration with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)*
Your organisation must be:
- A charitable, community or other not-for-profit organisation
- Registered or intending to register with the OISC, and
- Delivering or intending to deliver a free immigration advice service
If we have not already done so, we will conduct a needs assessment for your organisation before accepting you as a trainee.
*Staff and volunteers working for local Citizen’s Advice Bureaux are exempt from the requirement to register with the OISC to give advice at Level 1 and can therefore be accepted on courses subject to a needs assessment for the relevant CAB.